Just three weeks before the start of Halloween Horror Nights, Universal Orlando has released the complete lineup of haunted houses, scare zones and live entertainment for the 30th edition of the event.
The final reveal includes five more houses, all originals from the minds at Universal Creative:
- Welcome to SCarey: Horror in the Heartland, themed after the fictional town of Carey that has repeatedly featured at HHN;
- The Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin
- Puppet Theatre: Captive Audience
- Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth
- Revenge of the Tooth Fairy, which was one of two houses opened to day guests in 2020 when HHN was cancelled
That makes 10 houses total for the event, joining the previously-announced houses themed around “Bettlejuice,” “Texas Chainsaw Massacre,” “Haunting of Hill House,” “Bride of Frankenstein” and another original house, HHN Icons: Captured.
The five scare zones will be:
- Crypt TV
- 30 Years, 30 Fears
- Seek and Destroy
- Gorewood Forest
- Lights, Camera, Hacktion: Eddie’s Revenge
The reveal also included two shows for the event. First, a new lagoon show, “Marathon of Mayhem: Carnage Factory,” will run in the space usually occupied by the Cinematic Celebration projection show. A second brand new show, dubbed “Halloween Nightmare Fuel,” will run at the Fear Factor theater. Universal described the new stage show in a press release as featuring “nocturnal creatures, aerialists of the night and frightful fire performers – all set to pulse-pounding rock, metal and electronica music.”
Universal did not announce any additional safety guidelines for the event, despite Florida continuing to set daily records for new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations. Unlike Disney World, Universal Orlando is only “encouraging,” not requiring, guests to wear masks indoors.
Halloween Horror Nights 30 will run on select nights at Universal Studios Florida from Sept. 3 through Halloween.