2021 will mark the 10th birthday of Legoland Florida and the Winter Haven park plans on several new offerings to mark the occasion.
The anniversary additions launch on Feb. 12, 2021, when the park debuts the new “Brickbeard’s Watersports Stunt Show” on Lake Eloise, the site of water ski shows dating back to Legoland’s predecessor Cypress Gardens.
“This epic show features a never-before-seen, new female Lego pirate character, new original music and gravity-defying stunts including wakeboarding, barefoot-skiing, jump acts and an iconic ski pyramid,” Legoland said in a press release.
The new show will make its debut during PirateFest Weekends, a new special event running for three consecutive weekends from Feb. 12 through Feb. 28. The event was originally scheduled for April 2020, but the COVID-19 pandemic kept the park closed from mid-March through early June.
Other additions to the park in 2021 include:
- A new 4-D movie for the Fun Town Theater, debuting in spring 2021
- Lego Friends Weekends, May 1, 2, 8 & 9
- New Lego City models in spring 2021
- A new Legoland Master Builder Experience in the park’s new Lego-building center, opening in spring 2021
- A new Lego City stage show debuting this summer
- New “shade structures” in the Miniland section
The park is also offering a special deal for $99 annual passes — the same price as when the park first opened in 2011.
More Theme Park News:
Disneyland reaches return-to-work agreement with 11 unions as reopening debate continues
Universal Orlando begins 4th round of COVID-19 layoffs
Fun Spot Orlando given failing grades on COVID-19 safety in secret shopper reports