The Disneyland Resort will offer a new, separately-ticketed Christmas event later this year.
Called Disney Merriest Nites, the event will be held on only five dates: Nov. 11, 16, and 30, and Dec. 7 and 9, from 8 p.m. until midnight. Ticket prices will range from $175 for the opening night and $165 for the four other dates.
While not all of Disneyland will be open — Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Mickey’s Toontown, and Critter County will be closed — the available areas will be divided into six distinct Christmas “parties” centered around different Disney characters:
- A Victorian-themed party in Main Street U.S.A. hosted by Mickey Mouse
- Feliz Navidad party in Frontierland hosted by Miguel from “Coco”
- New Orleans Holiday in New Orleans Square, hosted by Tiana from “Princess and the Frog”
- A “Frozen”-themed party in Fantasyland hosted by Elsa
- A tropical party in Adventureland hosted by Lilo and Stitch
- A Tomorrowland party hosted by Buzz Lightyear from “Toy Story”
Disney’s Christmas Fantasy parade will also run during the event Like the holiday parties regularly offered at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, one perk of Merriest Nites will be lower waits at attractions thanks to the limited capacity of the event. Guests will also find holiday-themed treats and rare Disney characters making appearances.
Tickets for the event will go on sale Sept. 14. Merriest Nites guests can enter Disneyland Park at 5 p.m. on event nights without holding a separate theme park reservation.